New Year's magic begins a few days before your favorite holiday. The design of the house contributes to the creation of a fabulous mood. It is especially pleasant to create New Year's decorations with your own hands, attracting children to creative activities. Ideas for New Year's crafts can be endless, the main thing is to be able to show your own imagination and creativity.
Preparing gifts, making crafts and decorations, creating beautiful decor for the new year is not only an interesting task, but also a pleasant one.
The content of the article:
DIY Christmas decor (ideas, photos)
Excellent decorative compositions are not difficult to make from available materials. It is important to maintain the harmony of color combinations.
- With coniferous branches ... Pine, spruce or fir branches are used to create desktop compositions, which can be powdered with white, silver paint from spray cans. Then they are installed in a beautiful vase and decorated with any decor: beads, toys, berries, flowers, cones, braid, ribbons.
- With citrus ... Previously, citrus fruits must be dried in whole, in slices or halves in the oven at 30 degrees, with the door slightly opened, for five hours. In order to add gloss, you can cover them with a layer of clear varnish. They complement the citrus splendor with beads, rhinestones, graceful branches. When creating a composition, attention is paid to its stability, therefore, a ceramic vase is taken for the base.
- With Christmas decorations ... Having picked up beautiful Christmas tree decorations, they use them as a decor, in harmony with the general style of the interior. You can place the balls on an elegant tray and place them on the mantel or dressing table. When the candle is lit, the glare of the flame will be repeatedly reflected in the shiny surfaces of the balls, giving a special charm to the surrounding atmosphere.
Bright, juicy, unusual!
On a white background, Christmas balls look amazing.
Stylish shelves with mugs in the shape of a Christmas tree
Such a stylish candlestick will certainly be the focus of the upcoming celebration.
Christmas decorations made of natural material
How to make an original decoration for the new year without spending a large amount of money. The answer is obvious - to use natural material.
Interesting compositions using natural material covered with silver paint quickly transform the room, bringing a winter festive mood into it. The branches are installed in transparent vases, decorating them with additional mesh ribbons. You can add dry leaves, berries, stylized flowers.
On a note! The improvised Christmas trees from the branches look very beautiful. It will take very little time to create them, and the end result will surely please you.
Simple but tasteful
You can use such Christmas trees as a New Year's decor for more than one year.
Christmas trees under the snow
With the skills of modeling, you can create a fabulous landscape on an ordinary cardboard or plywood base. You can use salted dough. For it you will need to combine a glass of fine salt and wheat flour. By adding water, a homogeneous elastic dough is kneaded. It is convenient to work with it, creating the necessary figures for the composition. After drying, paint the created miracle with gouache.
Cookies in the form of various shapes
Christmas decoration can be not only beautiful, but also delicious
Christmas crafts from branches
An unusual decoration will be the bizarrely curved branches that can be collected in the park during a walk. They must be carefully painted, dried and fixed on a block of wood or placed in a tall vase. The addition of original bright decorations enhances the overall perception. You can glue miniature cubes from thick white paper, paint them, creating the image of charming houses.
Unusual use of branches and cones as decor
Light pendants made of stars, which are cut out of shiny foil, strung on a thin cord and attached to the chandelier, enhance the pre-holiday charm of the room. The dynamism is complemented by the different lengths of the garlands, as well as the alternation of golden and silver shades.
Chandelier in New Year's style - a beautiful element of decor
A chandelier decorated with pine legs looks very stylish and unusual
Christmas crafts from cones
Large buds collected during a walk will help you quickly decorate a room. They need to be put in a colander and spilled with boiling water.
- After cooling, the cones are dried on a napkin.
- The scales are carefully opened, balls cut out of colored cardboard or painted foam rubber are glued, a star is placed and placed in a small pot.
- If desired, the buds can be colored to give them silvery, golden or any other shade.
Advice! Painted cones will serve as an excellent Christmas tree decoration. They are turned into birds, hedgehogs, or even simply given a solid, juicy color. In any variation, original toys are obtained.
Multi-colored felt balls can be glued to the open petals of a pine cone, thereby you will receive an original decoration for the Christmas tree
Cute miniature Christmas trees made of colored paper, pompons and cones
An easy option for making the main New Year's attribute
You can diversify the Christmas tree decor using figurines of forest animals.
Having collected a sufficient number of cones, you can easily collect them yourself in a New Year's wreath, complemented by bright interspersed with leaves, berries, ribbons. When decorating the table, cone shelves become the central decor when creating compositions with transparent vessels and a candle inside.
The easiest way to make a wreath of spruce branches and cones is to connect them to a previously prepared round metal wire frame
Beautiful wreath on the front door
What decorations for the new year can be made from threads
Lovers of hand knitting always have a lot of multi-colored yarn. The threads are easily transformed into interesting decorations for the New Year's interior.
Knitting is a rather laborious process, however, crafts and decorations made with threads and knitting needles are rightfully considered one of the most beautiful.
Soft Christmas trees
Fishnet balls ... Air-filled fishnet balls can be easily made yourself from multi-colored threads.
Algorithm of actions:
- Inflate a balloon to the desired size and tie a hole.
- The surface with a soft wide brush is generously and evenly lubricated with PVA glue.
- Quickly, without allowing the glue to dry, they wrap the ball with yarn, creating a weave of the desired degree of openness.
- Withstand until the workpiece is completely dry.
- The ball is carefully pierced with a needle and its remains are removed.
Advice! You can decorate with graceful spheres a Christmas tree, arched openings, stairs, wall shelves. From openwork balls of the same color or several harmoniously combined shades, excellent garlands are obtained.
Making crafts from glue and thread will require certain skills
Balls made of thread are a great budget New Year gift for friends and family
Air compositions ... It is possible to create amazing elegant products of various shapes from ordinary threads, guided by creative ideas.
Step by step master class:
- PVA glue is poured into a disposable bowl, which is previously diluted with water in equal proportions.
- The yarn is placed in loose layers in an adhesive solution, pressing so that the threads are soaked along the entire length.
- Cut out a pattern of a Christmas tree, stars or other shape from paper.
- Lay it on a sheet of dense foam.
- A toothpick is stuck in the corners, outlining the contour of the future product, after which the template is removed.
- The impregnated thread is laid along the contour, and then the inner space is filled with graceful twists and weaves.
- Leave to dry completely.
On a note! You can use thread openwork crafts for decorating walls, windows, a Christmas tree, and making garlands.
Such a decoration can be used not only to decorate the Christmas tree.
Decorative herringbone ... Children will be happy to join creative activities when creating a miniature Christmas tree from threads.
How to do it right:
- A cone made of thin cardboard is rolled up and glued along the side joint.
- Carefully trim the bottom so that the cone can be placed strictly vertically on a table or shelf.
- The workpiece is spirally wrapped with a white or green woolen thread impregnated with PVA glue.
- The Christmas tree is fixed on a circle of thick cardboard, which is pasted over with lace, cotton wool, artificial snow.
- Shells, beads, bright buttons, rhinestones, sequins are used as decorations.
Simple but very beautiful decorative Christmas tree made by hand
You can use foam as a basis for creative crafts.
Elegant Christmas hats - step by step master class
From the remains of yarn and a cardboard ring, together with the children, it is easy to make adorable hats that will serve as a decoration for windows, shelves, walls, Christmas trees.
- Cut the ring off the toilet paper sleeve. You can glue a ring from a cardboard tape, choosing the width and diameter required for the future product.
- The yarn scraps are folded in half, applied to the ring and the ends are threaded through the loop. Gently pull them up so that a knot forms under the lower edge of the ring.
- Fasten the threads around the entire circumference tightly to each other. You need to try so that the base does not show through the yarn.
- The free ends are tied with a thread. Trim the edges for a beautiful, even pompom. Sew a loop to the stylized hat and place it in the chosen place.
Christmas hats made of bright colored threads
New year tablecloth
A delicate fabulous tablecloth is easy to make very quickly for the whole family for the New Year's table. It is necessary to cut out a sufficient number of various or identical snowflakes, glue them with tape, creating a product of the desired shape and size. With such creativity, many ideas usually arise.
You can make a colored tablecloth, focusing on the overall style of the interior. Interesting options with applying specks to finished snowflakes, paint strokes.
A festive tablecloth with white snowflakes is a great option to decorate the New Year's table
Everyone knows how to cut paper snowflakes, but not everyone knows that they can serve as an excellent decoration for the table for the New Year's holiday
Unusual Christmas toys
For an exclusive decoration of the Christmas tree, you can use the most unexpected items. Creative imagination will allow you to transform them into original Christmas tree decorations.
- Painted spoons ... It is more convenient to use aluminum spoons. They are painted with white acrylic paint. After drying, a New Year's drawing is applied. If you do not have drawing skills, you can use stickers. The handle of the spoon is bent and the decoration is hung on the branch of the Christmas tree.
Luxurious painted spoons for Christmas tree decor
New Year motives on an old spoon
- Original cutlery ... Disposable cutlery, complemented by braid with New Year's paraphernalia, looks great against the backdrop of snowy greenery.
New Year's beauty
- Updated balls ... You should not throw away Christmas balls that have lost their splendor over the years. They can be updated with lace details, which, if desired, are easy to crochet. An interesting sound is given by the use of beads and decorative braids in the design.
You can use absolutely any decorations for decorating Christmas balls.
You can decorate not only the Christmas tree with festive balls, but also decorate the interior of the room with them.
Use special needles to secure the glitter to the foam blank.
Step-by-step master class for making a New Year's ball using felt pom-poms
- Light Bulb Toys ... Expired light bulbs can serve as the basis for original Christmas tree decorations. They are painted, creating a variety of vivid images. After drying, it is recommended to varnish the surface for the stability of the tone. Beads, tinsel, braid, beads, etc. act as additional decor.
An interesting idea of using an ordinary light bulb
DIY Christmas toys will give the holiday a special atmosphere
Beautiful and original decoration for the Christmas tree
- Commemorative balloons ... Christmas balls, inside of which there is a photo of your beloved pet, will not leave you indifferent. If you wish, you can put there images of household members, memorable trips, interesting landscapes.
- Choose from the assortment of Christmas tree decorations available at home, transparent enough bulky balls, houses, cones. Carefully remove the fasteners.
- Coarse salt and beads are poured into the ball. Carefully place using tweezers miniature spruce legs, pieces of tinsel, snow-white cotton wool and other suitable decor.
- Cut out a fragment from the photograph, making it smaller than the diameter of the ball. Roll up into a tube and place inside.
- Then you need to straighten the photo using tweezers. It remains to return the fasteners to their place and hang the updated Christmas tree toy in the designated place.
Family archive on the Christmas tree
On New Year's Eve, it is pleasant to sit by the light of candles or shining garlands. Homemade lanterns and lamps will help enhance the charm. Let's talk about how to make such Christmas decorations with your own hands.
Beautiful paper lanterns
To make such flashlights, you need colored cardboard, glue and small candles.
To make a charming lamp yourself, take an ordinary glass jar. Cut out a tape from paper of any color and texture, which can be wrapped with an overlap around the container. They draw and cut out a simple landscape - urban, rural, forest. Fix it in the lower sector of the vessel. It remains to put a candle inside and light it.
Stylish Christmas lamp made from an ordinary can
Simulating snow on a can can be achieved with glue and crushed foam
Christmas balls, dried cones, green coniferous branches laid in any transparent vessel and complemented by a sparkling garland will help to create a festive atmosphere.
With the right approach, ordinary glass jars can be successfully used.
Step-by-step production of a cardboard lamp
For this amazing lamp, parts are cut out of thick cardboard, providing for fixation on the base. From the inside, they fix the LED garland, which, when turned on, creates a fantastic effect.
Christmas light garland with original design
Electric garland with volumetric paper lanterns will help create a magical atmosphere of the new year
A garland is a traditional attribute of the New Year's celebration, so its presence in the interior will always be appropriate
Sparkling garlands placed in a colorful basket among cones, twisting twigs, and coniferous spruce branches create a feeling of comfortable smoldering of embers in a warm fire. It is pleasant to turn on such a nice lamp in the evening twilight after a hard day, not only on New Year's holidays.
An unusual lamp with a soft pleasant light
Compositions with floating candles will decorate the New Year's table. Transparent vessels of any shape are filled with bright berries, citrus circles, branches, leaves, cones. Water is poured in and special floating candles are placed.
Red mountain ash and green pine legs are a spectacular addition to a candle floating in the water
Beautiful and sophisticated Christmas art object
DIY stylized snowman
It will be possible to quickly create a New Year's mood if, together with the children, cut out circles of different sizes, a triangle for the nose, an elegant scarf made of self-adhesive film or paper and decorate the door leaf, depicting a stylized snowman on it. Such an image will decorate the door of a refrigerator or cabinet.
Snowmen made of boards and plywood are very beautiful. Everyone can find similar material. You just need to get creative and set aside some free time.
Funny snowmen from old boards
Sock snowman - master class
A snowman can play the role of a fun gift for guests or decorate a coffee table, which requires a white sock.
- Cut off the toe. On the reverse side, the hole is tied with a strong cord. Pour in rice.
- Tie up the torso with a thread. They also add rice, forming the head, and tie the hole on top.
- Beads are sewn on, making out the face of the snowman. A decorative scarf is tied.
Each friend or girlfriend as a gift for an interesting snowman
DIY step-by-step making of a snowman from a sock
Cute decoration for the New Year's celebration
- Plywood tree ... The outline of the Christmas tree is marked on a sheet of plywood. Cut, paint in the desired tone and decorate with sparkling garlands.
- Contour tree ... If desired, the silhouette of the Christmas tree is laid out directly on the wall using an LED garland.
- Coniferous pendant ... It is not always possible to install a Christmas tree at home. In such a situation, a fluffy branch of fir or spruce will help to create a New Year's surroundings. It needs to be fixed on the wall and decorated with toys hanging from decorative cords of different lengths. If desired, you can add a garland, artificial snow.
The brighter and more creative the decorations, the more memorable the holiday will be.
To create the atmosphere of the New Year holiday, buying a live Christmas tree is not at all necessary
Spectacular Christmas trees made of branches
Options for decorating windows for the new year
You can paint funny snowmen on glass with water gouache paints. Such bright toys will not only create coziness at home, but will also make people walking down the street smile.
You can cut out multi-colored hearts, silhouettes of animals, birds, funny cartoon characters. They are fastened against the background of the window on a cord in the form of a New Year's garland. Funny images on the window will cheer you up in any weather.
New Year's window decoration
The New Year's plot is depicted on a sheet of white Whatman paper. All details are carefully cut out. A stapler is used for fastening.
Garlands of painted gingerbread will create an original decor on the window. Such decoration will especially appeal to children. It is worth considering an alternative option made of thick cardboard if some sweet fragment suddenly disappears from the exposition.
Cotton pads strung on a fishing line and fixed in several rows on the window will create the feeling of fluffy snowflakes flying behind the glass.
Snowflakes on the glass should give Santa Claus a hint that they are definitely waiting for him in this house.
Using paper snowflakes, you can create a real masterpiece on the window
In a country house, New Year's decor will also be in place on the facade of the fireplace. It can be decorated with garlands of coniferous spruce branches, miniature Christmas trees. Candles, porcelain figurines, photographs look great on the mantelpiece.
It is not difficult to make a stylized decorative fireplace in the apartment from improvised material (for example, from cardboard boxes), which in the New Year's decoration will become a priority element of the entire interior.
Perfect fireplace decoration for the New Year holidays
You can't do without gifts on this magical night
A wonderful combination of white, yellow and red in the interior of the living room with a fireplace
The installed boxes are pasted over with paper or foil stylized as stone, wood, brick. The role of burning logs in it will be played by luminous garlands, skillfully hidden among thick bizarrely curved branches.
New Year's chores allow you to translate your own creative ideas into reality. The analysis of ready-made solutions serves as a starting point for creating original Christmas tree decorations, garlands, ornaments.
They do not prepare for a single holiday and do not decorate their home as they do for the New Year. In addition to a fluffy Christmas tree, windows, doors, walls, open shelves and even ceilings are beautifully decorated. This is dictated by the fabulous atmosphere of the upcoming celebration. Of course, in almost any store you can find festive decor for every taste and budget, but you can make original Christmas decorations with your own hands. They will be in no way inferior to the purchased ones, while they will be unique and inimitable in their own way.
In this article decorating:
It is not at all necessary to run to a craft store to buy materials and tools for creating decor, because in every home there is a sheet of white paper, scissors and glue. This will be enough to make Christmas decorations for the whole house. Indeed, you can make garlands from paper, cut out snowflakes and protruding windows, as well as a winter composition from paper Christmas trees.
This paper decoration can be hung not only on the Christmas tree. A waterfall of snowflakes, Christmas trees or stars in a doorway or on a wall will look beautiful. For work you will need:
- various colored paper or cardboard;
- long thread, thin rope or satin ribbon;
- additional decor - for example, beads.
The workflow is extremely simple:
- Cut out garland elements from paper or cardboard. It is better to do this according to a template so that they are all even and the same. It can be snowflakes, Christmas trees, stars, hearts, and more.
- Fasten the finished elements on the thread, alternating them or using the same ones. On the base, paper blanks can be glued, sewn, threading through them or pinned with a stapler.
- After that, the finished garland will only have to be hung in its place.
Not always for such a decoration you need a base in the form of a thread. You can assemble a garland only from paper elements: rings, small paper fans. Here are some more ideas for paper garlands.
What a winter without snow, even paper? Paper snowflakes are perhaps the most popular hand-made Christmas decor. Cutting them is easy and you can use them in many places, for example, to assemble a garland out of them or use them as a decoration for a window.
A large voluminous snowflake will perfectly decorate your veranda or front door.
Beautiful winter scenes on the windows can be created from paper vytnanki. It is better to make them from paper with a density of 200 g / m2 2... The image you like is printed on it, and then cut out with a sharp paper knife along the contour, placing a special rug or a clean wooden cutting board under the sheet.
The finished cutouts are glued to the windows, as usual, using ordinary soapy water. So, after the holiday, they can be easily removed, and the glass on the window can be washed. Such a New Year's decoration looks very impressive during the day, but even more beautiful at night, when the light from inside the room and the darkness on the street create beautiful shadows.
Here you can find other ideas for winter crafts with kids.
For decorating open shelves of Christmas trees made of paper or cardboard cones. They can be simple or consist of several parts. If the cone is openwork, and you place an LED candle or a light bulb inside, then an original night light will come out. You can decorate such a Christmas tree with ribbons, beads, bows, crowned with a star made of cardboard or paper on top.
Salted dough jewelry
Those who do not like to cut and glue can sculpt New Year's decorations from salt dough. Moreover, everything you need for work can be found in every home. So, for a portion of the mass for modeling, you will need to take flour and fine salt in equal proportions. Water should be added to this free-flowing mixture to obtain an elastic mix.
To create with your own hands unusual pendants on a Christmas tree from this material, it is enough to use a rolling pin, cuttings for cookies and paint. The dough must be rolled out not too thinly, cut out of it with molds, dried in the oven or at room temperature, and then painted.
Christmas decorations are usually quite bright, so it is better not to add paints to the dough during kneading, but to paint the finished products. For a glossy shine and greater durability of toys, after painting, you can open the decor with acrylic varnish.
Original decor from natural materials
The most popular natural material for creating eco-style winter decorations is fir cones. From them you can make beautiful pendants for the Christmas tree, collect a garland or a Christmas wreath on the door. Even an ordinary glass jar decorated with pine cones can turn into a stylish New Year's candlestick.
A very beautiful and original spruce can be assembled by pasting a cone-shaped base with cones of different sizes. Thick cardboard is suitable for such a blank. The cones should be glued onto the Dragon type polymer glue. The finished product can be left in its natural color or painted, glitter and more.
In addition to cones, interesting elements of New Year's decor can be created from cinnamon sticks, star anise stars, walnut shells, natural coffee grains, acorns, dried orange slices of their peel and other berries.
Button Christmas Decorations Ideas
Original decorative elements can be made from simple materials at hand, such as buttons. The simplest such craft is a Christmas tree made of green buttons collected in a pyramid. If you string the buttons on a wire, twisted into a ring, you get a miniature Christmas wreath.
Christmas balls decorated with buttons are very popular. By the same principle, you can make a herringbone-cone or a large New Year's wreath.
For work you will need:
- base in the form of a foam ball;
- buttons of various sizes and colors;
- pins with bead heads;
- satin ribbon.
How to make a beautiful ball:
- Make a loop of the required size from the satin ribbon and fasten it to the ball with a pin or glue.
- Then, threading the pins through the holes on the buttons, stick them into the ball to decorate its entire surface. If necessary, in some places, you can fix the buttons with glue.
It is not at all necessary to make a toy or an element of decor entirely from buttons. They can be used as bright accents when working with fabric, felt or colored cardboard.
Felt New Year
From felt you can make the same New Year's decorations, both from paper and from fabric. It is enough to cut out various New Year's figures (snowflakes, angels, stars, etc.), fasten them to the ribbon, and the garland is ready.
You can sew beautiful volumetric pendants. For this, the necessary parts are cut out of felt, folded together and sewn with an overlock seam, not forgetting to fill them with holofiber and sew on a loop.
How to sew fabric jewelry?
Those who are seriously fond of sewing, always after sewing a particular thing, there are small scraps of fabric that are a pity to throw away, but it will not work out especially well. They can be used to sew New Year's decor.
One of the possible options:
- Draw by hand or use a ready-made Christmas tree pattern.
- Cut it out from the available patches.
- Sew together the parts in pairs and fill with filler.
Such soft toys can be assembled into a garland, used to decorate a spruce or a wreath, give a New Year's topiary, or add as a souvenir to a gift for a loved one. By analogy, you can sew and apply stars, bells, candies, and more.
Examples of using threads
You can make many simple, but at the same time very effective crafts from threads that will decorate the holiday. The process of making them is quite simple and even a child can handle it.
For such a decoration you will need:
- frame-base - it can be made of cardboard, foam, and to get an openwork balloon, an inflated balloon is suitable;
- glue - depending on the selected technology, you will need PVA glue or polymer glue;
- threads - when choosing them, you need to pay attention not only to the color, but also to the composition, cotton or other natural fibers should prevail in it, since they are more porous and are better absorbed with glue;
- additional decorative elements - beads, lace, stases, pom-poms.
Sequence of work:
- Buy (for example, a foam ball) or prepare (cut out of cardboard) the frame of the future toy.
- Then paste over it with threads: tightly closing the base completely or in a chaotic manner, leaving gaps between the turns. In the first case, they are glued to polymer glue, in the second, PVA is used.
- After drying, if necessary, carefully remove the frame of the toy and decorate it, as imagination suggests.
In addition to the proposed options, pom-poms can be made from multi-colored woolen threads, which are then assembled into a garland. For a pompom, the thread needs to be wound in a circle around two rings of cardboard, then cut the yarn between the rings and tie, and remove the base from the cardboard.
Christmas toys of our grandmothers made of cotton wool
In the photographs of the 60s of the last century, you can see beautiful Christmas tree decorations and it is hard to believe that they are made of cotton wool, but this is true. Those who are fascinated with the process of creating something with their own hands will like the idea of making new toys for the 2022 meeting using this old technology.
For work you will need:
- cotton wool;
- 250 ml of water;
- 30 g of potato starch;
- wire - for the frame;
- satin ribbon for the eyelet;
- paints and brushes;
- PVA glue.
Step-by-step master class:
- In order for the cotton wool to acquire the desired consistency, it must be impregnated with a paste, for which a tablespoon of starch is brewed in 250 ml of boiling water. After the mass has cooled down, you can start working.
- For the simplest Snowman toy, cotton wool is dipped into a paste, balls of different diameters are formed from it, which are strung on a wire frame.
- The workpiece is allowed to dry, then additional elements are attached with the help of PVA glue, for example, buttons, a scarf. After that, the toy is painted with paints.
To toys in the form of people (Snow Maiden, Santa Claus), faces were previously sculpted with papier-mâché hands. Now they can be made from salted dough or papier-mâché using molds that you can buy or make yourself. For a homemade print, dust the face of a small doll with starch and put a piece of cold porcelain on it. After hardening, carefully remove and can be used.
Edible Christmas decor
Edible Christmas tree decorations have existed at all times. Candy, pretzels and gingerbread, tangerines were hung on it. You should not deviate from this tradition even now, because there is nothing tastier than a gingerbread plucked from a Christmas tree.
Usually such decorations are baked from ginger dough. You can make it yourself or use a ready-made mixture (we have a proven gingerbread dough recipe). You can shape the products using special cuttings or simply by cutting with a sharp knife on a cardboard stencil.
After they have cooled, they paint the finished gingerbread with icing of powdered sugar and egg white. If the imagination or talent of the artist fails, you can transfer the finished image to the gingerbread. To do this, the picture must be printed on a printer, and then transferred through a carbon copy to cooled baked goods. Do not worry about carbon paper paint, there will be so little of it that it will not affect your health in any way.
On an open shelf, you can create a beautiful New Year's composition with a gingerbread house. Its parts are also baked from ginger dough, fastened together and decorated with glaze. You can also bake small houses that will decorate a cup with hot chocolate.
With very young children, you can make an edible garland of popcorn and dried cranberries together. Such a design of a forest beauty will not only be beautiful and tasty, but will also help kids in the development of fine motor skills.
Winter in a glass jar
Now the candles have ceased to fulfill their direct function. These are rather decorative elements that make the home more comfortable, which is what you want so much in winter, especially on the eve of the New Year. Not always, it turns out to find a decent decoration for candles. It is much easier to do it yourself from a simple glass jar.
There are several ways to decorate a glass jar in the form of a candlestick:
- Cut a vytynanka out of thick cardboard (a snow-covered city, a spruce forest, etc.) and glue it on the outside of the can.
- Cut out a drawing from masking tape (snowflake or spruce), glue it to the jar, and then paint the entire container with paint. Remove the tape after drying.
- Paint a colored glass jar with acrylics in the form of geometric ornaments and patterns, as in antistress coloring pages.
- Wrap the jar with lace or openwork knitted fabric.
- Fill the container by a third with natural materials (cones, spruce branches, pebbles, berries) or decorate the outside of the jar with them.
An important point! In some cases, in order to avoid a possible fire, ordinary candles in cans should be replaced with LED ones. Also, when using wax and paraffin candles, do not leave them unattended.
With age, it becomes more difficult to immerse yourself in the feeling of a fairy tale, which is so familiar to every child. New Year's decorations will be able to help return the atmosphere of magic, namely the process of their creation and the subsequent decoration of the room. The main thing is not to get lost in the variety of proposed ideas.
Preparing for the New Year is like a real holiday for those who cannot imagine their life without hand-made. If you also like to make your own Christmas decorations, this article from joy-pup.com is for you. We will tell you how to decorate a house, a room, a festive table, windows and doors in an original way for the New Year 2021. We will show you incredibly simple and creative ideas for creating a New Year's decor from scrap materials. Miracles begin now!
DIY New Year's home decor: photo 2021
You can create coziness and beauty with your own hands from simple and completely budgetary things. Glass bottles and jars can turn into candlesticks or sparkling Christmas lanterns.
In skillful hands, natural or artificial fir branches, cones and Christmas balls become adorable Christmas wreaths. And the driftwood is transformed into a futuristic New Year's tree.
We promised you non-standard and original ideas? See further in the photo: DIY New Year's decor 2021.
DIY Christmas decor: ideas for home interior
Picking up ideas how to decorate a house or an apartment for the New Year holidays, pay attention to such fashion trends 2021 , as environmental friendliness, texture, functionality and minimalism. Today you don't have to buy a whole bunch of tinsel and a bunch of festive decor. Two or three parts are enough in actual colors of the New Year 2021 to create a stylish interior for your home. Look at the photo for fresh and original ideas for New Year's decor for your home.
Thinking over the New Year's decor of the room, do not forget about window , doorways, window sills and walls. Decorate your home with spruce, thuja or pine branches, enliven the interior with sparkling garlands , add Christmas decorations, pine cones or Christmas balls and your home will be transformed for the New Year 2021.
A very beautiful festive window decor is made from paper. By the way, we have already talked about how to make unusual New Year's garlands with our own hands. here .
How to decorate a New Year's table: original ways 2021
In order to decorate the New Year's table , designers in 2021 use Christmas balls, candles, garlands, as well as fir and pine cones, green branches, cute figurines and beautiful modern tableware.
Several original ideas for New Year's decor from simple and budget materials look at the video .
Beauty in the details: simple and ingenious home decor ideas for New Year 2021
A New Year's interior can be created with cute and sometimes unexpected things.
What can be used as Christmas decorations?
- Glowing garlands, like a fabulous genie trapped in a glass bottle.
- Of unprecedented beauty candlesticks and candles with fragrant herbal frames.
- Decorative cone crafts and acorns.
- New Year's compositions from branches and Christmas tree decorations.
- Sparkling balls of thread with garlands.
- Christmas candy made by hand.
- Festive garlands of cones, felt from kitchen utensils and other scrap materials.
- DIY snowman and an unusual Christmas tree made of glass jars.
How to make New Year's decor at home, see the video.
Christmas tree, burn: an unusual design of a Christmas tree with your own hands.
In 2021, you cannot "get off" with an ordinary living or artificial Christmas tree in a bucket or a banal stand. Try original options for selecting and decorating a New Year's beauty.
- Alternative tree on the wall of branches and bright decorations.
- Christmas tree upside down.
- Mini herringbone made of beads or cones.
- The Christmas tree in a basket on a wooden sleigh is a stylish and simple stand.
Christmas wreath: new photos of 2021
How to do DIY christmas wreath we told in one of the past publications. And this time we offer you to admire photographs of New Year's wreaths made of various materials: from a floral base, from Christmas tree decorations, from New Year's tinsel, from pompons, from branches.
Make New Year's decor 2021 with pleasure and let creativity be your joy! Read also how to make a New Year's fireplace with your own hands .
The original article is posted here: https://joy-pup.com/creative/novogodnij-dekor-svoimi-rukami/
Soon, very soon our favorite holiday will come - New Year. So maybe it's time to think about how to decorate your home? I would like to let a little fairy tale into my life, and New Year's holidays are the time for magic ... Well, gentlemen, magicians, everything is in our hands! Get inspired and choose your miracle!
The queen of the holiday is, of course, the tree. But it can be not only traditional “they cut down our tree” or artificial, but also very original! Of course, nothing can replace the smell of pine needles, but a compromise can be found: bring pine branches home for the smell, and the tree can be like this:
Or like this:
And also like this:
And even this one:
I really liked the above eco-friendly Christmas trees! Not for an amateur, of course, but still they are great!
More creative options are possible:
Christmas tree from the step-ladder
What? It is quite relevant for those who finished repairs before the New Year :)
Christmas tree from a camera tripod
Christmas tree from books
And again, a wonderful Christmas tree made of twigs - nostalgia for the old house does not let me go! :-)
I was very impressed by the hanging Christmas tree made of Christmas tree decorations - beautiful, unusual, spectacular, but the design is rather complicated and time consuming:
The toys are suspended on a fishing line and attached to a round mesh structure (mesh to make the fishing line easier to fix statically):
The points in the photo are the places where the fishing line with the toy is attached. The fishing line is cut to different lengths. The closer to the center the ball hangs, the shorter the line. The longest lines are on the outer diameter of the circle.
View from above:
I continue the theme of eco-style home decor (well, it happened).
You can create such beauty from the most ordinary twigs! I could not pass by:
The twig can be covered with gold or silver paint, and you can decorate not only with golden balls and toys, but also with cones, and even fruits! Or you can leave it in its natural, unpainted form ...
Amazingly delicate, light and airy composition ...
An amazing twig decorated with crystals - I already know what I will do with an old crystal chandelier:
And this bright composition is decorated, as it seems to me, with felt beads - an amazingly warm and elegant idea:
The New Year's interior can be decorated with snow-covered twigs. For this purpose, you can use both coniferous branches and ordinary ones, from deciduous trees and bushes. And you can make compositions at the same time from both types of twigs.
The easiest way is to use a can of snow spray:
Or a spray can of white paint:
And if the painted branches are greased with glue and sprinkled with glitter, we get such a sparkling miracle:
The theme of Christmas trees is not exhausted yet! You can create a mini Christmas tree to decorate a coffee table, New Year's table or New Year's composition. Here's what a fluffy miracle can be made from snow-white feathers:
Sparkling Christmas trees made of Christmas balls and a cone pasted over with sequins:
How do you like these beauties? In my opinion, they are incomparable! Whether it's glass mosaic or not, mirrored is a great idea! Old CDs, I think, can also be used:
Classics - Christmas trees made of cones:
Well, very small, decorative "Christmas trees":
From an old artificial tree, you can make these cute Christmas toys:
Mini Christmas trees made of felt:
I really liked the Christmas tree-pillows - both festive and cozy:
Well, a very inviting sofa ... And the room, like Santa's assistant :)
Cushions can also be made in the traditional square shape from fabric with themed Christmas patterns, or made from elegant shiny fabric.
"Almost a Christmas tree" :)
A charming composition with "almost a Christmas tree":
I just fell in love with this panel - graceful, unusual, juicy ...
Well, what is a tree without cones? It is extremely easy to build such a wonderful ball of cones:
Another New Year's attribute is candles. Let's admire what kind of fairy tale can be created with their direct participation:
And ordinary glasses can act as candlesticks ...
transparent vases, glasses ...
and even ordinary banks!
But what about the glasses? Of course, yes, of course, yes, of course, yes! But in a completely different interpretation:
I love a non-standard way of looking at things! And my inner voice rejoices: "I told you: do not throw anything away!" Granny's inheritance came in handy :)
Candlesticks can be made from ... fruits! Delicious but inedible. Short-lived, but very beautiful and original:
And some more New Year's decor with candles:
What an eco-friendly candelabrum, I love it:
A very cozy and laconic composition in a garden lamp:
Just look at what a gorgeous chandelier:
The Christmas wreath is a typical pre-Christmas home decoration in the form of a wreath of spruce branches with four candles, which can be fixed vertically or placed on a table. (Wikipedia)
I treat wreaths with coolness, but I love creativity! This composition won me over:
Now the question "Where to put the leftover yarn?" can be solved easier and faster :) If you think that this wreath is not dressed up enough, add satin ribbons, Christmas balls, snowflakes ...
And I like a lovely wreath with knitting needles :)
Of course, there are many more interesting ideas, but this is all that I have managed to systematize at the moment.
Get inspired and make wishes!
Oh yes, the most important thing: don't forget to buy tangerines! Lots of tangerines!
Preparing for the New Year can be more interesting than the holiday itself. Gift wrapping, buying all sorts of goodies, choosing a Christmas tree and other pleasant chores bring incomparable pleasure to both adults and children. If you want everything in the house to breathe magic and comfort, we advise you to decorate the rooms with your own hands. The purchased décor is, of course, beautiful, but the memories of warm family evenings are not associated with it. Homemade decorations and Christmas tree decorations are great because they are made by the hands of all family members. Prepare tools and materials, play a playlist with Christmas songs or an old New Year comedy and start working wonders!
Cross-stitched mini plots, houses and figurines of fairy-tale characters will turn the most ordinary Christmas tree into a real miracle tree. To create them, you will need a plastic canvas, floss and embroidery patterns, or order a ready-made set with a base and selected threads.
To embroider on a plastic canvas is as easy as on a regular one, you just need to know some nuances:
- One cell corresponds to one cell in the diagram;
- first embroider the toy and only then cut it out;
- when cutting, back off two cells from the edge of the embroidery.
If the toy is one-sided, we advise you to sew colored felt from the inside out.
Plastic canvas is produced not only in sheets, but also in the form of ready-made curly bases with a loop for hanging. This option is the most convenient, since you just have to embroider the plot you like.
All versions of toys on plastic canvas
A wonderful tradition has come from Europe to our country to decorate entrance doors with colorful festive wreaths. They can be hung both in the room and in the kitchen, and they can also be used to decorate the New Year's table, for example, by placing a candle inside.
What you need:
- artificial branches of willow or spruce of sufficient length;
- gold or silver acrylic paint;
- strong threads;
- glue gun;
- ribbons, tinsel, pendants, Christmas beads for decoration.
- Twist the branches into a wreath, hot glue the ends. Tie them tightly with threads.
- If you have taken willow branches, then they can be painted with gold or silver acrylic.
- Tie the wreath with a ribbon, decorate with beads and pendants.
If you don't want to work with glue or artificial branches, then get real ones! Attach them to a round floral base soaked in water, add decorations and your living wreath is ready.
If you are tired of the traditional tree, then you can make a miracle tree. It can be placed on a table or dresser.
You will need:
- large flower pot;
- a large beautiful branch (do not break a living tree, look for a fallen one);
- gold acrylic paint;
- paper filler for gifts;
- pendants, tinsel, Christmas decorations, sweets.
- Dilute gypsum in a flower pot according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Plant a branch in the center. Wait for the plaster to dry.
- Paint the tree gold.
- Cover the plaster ground with gift paper.
- Hang toys, candy, tinsel.
The miracle tree is ready!
Garlands and hanging decorations
With the help of a garland, you can turn any room from boring to festive. They can be hung on windows, doorways, cabinets and shelves. We will tell you how to make them.
A garland of coniferous twigs
Perhaps the most New Year's option is a garland of coniferous twigs. You will need a decorative cord, artificial pine needles, tinsel, silver and gold cones.
- Wrap the twigs around the cord. Leave loose ends about 20 cm long.
- Glue the cones in a random order.
- Decorate with tinsel.
If you have a bright fabric (colored cotton is best for patchwork) or felt, then we recommend making a flag garland. Additionally, you will need: decorative cord, glue, zigzag scissors, a pattern (freely available on the Internet).
- Fold the fabric or felt in half, inside out. Attach the pattern so that the top is on the fold line.
- Uncheck the boxes. You should end up with a double piece with a fold line in the middle.
- Place the parts with the wrong side up.
- Put a decorative cord on top. Apply glue and glue both halves.
- Continue until you have the desired length of string. Make sure that there is an equal distance between the flags.
Mosaic Hanging Balls
Individual hanging decorations also look great. They can be hung on a chandelier, festive wreath or cornice. For example, mosaic balls using the technique of diamond embroidery are very original and beautiful. This is a great option if you are tired of traditional New Year's themes.
Select hanging mosaic balls
If you have a lot of diamond pendants on a wooden base, then you can already make a bright garland out of them alone, on which glare of electric light will beautifully play.
New Year's holidays cannot be imagined without the flickering glow of candles. It is they who create a cozy and slightly mysterious atmosphere in the house. They can also be made by hand.
Candle in a glass
To create a candle in a glass, prepare:
- mineral candle gel;
- reinforced wick;
- steel paper clip;
- glass beaker;
- non-combustible decorative elements;
- colorant and fragrance of your choice.
As a result, we will have to get the following candle:
- Wash and wipe the glass thoroughly so that not a single speck is left on it.
- Melt the gel in a water bath according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Secure one end of the wick to a paper clip. She will play the role of a wick holder.
- Soak a wick in melted gel. Fix it to the bottom of the glass, exactly in the center. While you have not filled in the gel, place a pencil on the edge of the glass to prevent the wick from falling or shifting.
- Dip the decorative elements in the gel and arrange them nicely on the bottom.
- Add perfume to the melted gel. It is better to add the dye before heating.
- Start pouring the gel into the glass. If you want to lay out the jewelry in several layers, then just wait until the first layer dries a little and repeat step 5 and fill with gel.
- Continue until you reach the edges. Make sure that the tip of the wick remains free.
Lantern with a candle
A romantic lantern with a candle is also not difficult to make.
Prepare the following materials:
- glass jar with thread;
- pieces of lace, fabric, twine and other decor;
- clean sand, you can take construction;
- translucent water-based paint;
- glue gun or any all-purpose glue;
- candles no more than the height of the jar.
- Paint the inside of the jar any color you like. You can leave it transparent.
- Attach a loop of thick soft wire to the neck.
- Cut a piece of fabric or lace so that you can wrap our lantern completely.
- Glue the fabric to the outside of the jar. Add ribbons, twine - any decor you want.
- Fill the jar one third with sand (for fire safety) and insert a candle in the middle.
If you love scented candles, try using cinnamon sticks to decorate them.
To do this, you will need:
- thick candle;
- universal glue or glue gun;
- a lot of cinnamon sticks;
- decorative thick tape.
Apply a thin layer of glue to the candle and stick the cinnamon on it, making sure that no gaps are visible between the sticks. Let it dry and tie a ribbon at the bottom.
Compositions in vases
Horizontal surfaces also need a festive decor. Multicolored, gold or silver look especially elegant cones in clear round glass vases ... It will not be difficult to make them.
You will need:
- dry pine and spruce cones;
- acrylic paints, colors of your choice;
- round synthetic tassel.
- Paint the buds different colors.
- Place on paper and let dry.
- Place in a vase.
By the way, if you wish, you can replace the cones with colorful balls, the main thing is that they are made in the same style.
We advise you to complement the composition with an artificial coniferous twig or holly leaves, as well as small candies in monochromatic shiny wrappers.
The most convenient material for creating pendants, Christmas tree decorations and other festive decor is felt. It is produced in the form of sheets, has all kinds of colors, is not afraid of even the most inept hands. Sewing and cutting out of it is very simple, because the material perfectly holds its shape, is easily pierced with a needle, glues well with hot melt or "moment", and - great news! - the sections do not crumble, therefore, they do not need to be additionally processed.
What can be made of felt?
- multi-colored flags for garlands;
- figurines of birds, animals, fairy-tale characters and other toys for the Christmas tree or wreath;
- rings for tissue napkins, plates for plates;
- half masks for the carnival and much, much more.
Patterns are easy to find on the Internet. And you can get ideas here in this video:
A separate topic is textile decorations for bottles ... Agree, when a festive feast is decorated with fairy-tale characters or elegant Christmas trees, then the mood is completely different, right? I want to start celebrating as soon as possible.
- Printed textile covers for partial embroidery will not take long to manufacture. You can embroider them in just a couple of evenings, and the excellent result will not leave anyone indifferent.
- If you have enough free time, then you can make smart aprons for the bottles. Cut them out of colored or white canvas or evenly weave fabric, embroider a festive motif, sew the edges with braid - and you're done!
A little time and patience, and you will have a wonderful set of textiles for the New Year's table.
Find a cover for a bottle
Decorations for the Christmas tree made of plastic
Wonderful Christmas tree decorations can be created using polymer clay. To begin with, we suggest repeating this simple but effective way to make a toy.
To do this, you need the following tools and materials :
- polymer clay;
- cutter (or cookie cutters);
- metal loop for hanging;
- rolling pin.
- Mash the clay and roll it into thin layers with a rolling pin.
- Place it on the clay and press down firmly on a scarf (or other knit with a three-dimensional pattern).
- Use a cutter to cut out a variety of shapes.
- Use a thin stick or pencil to make a hanging hole in the figure.
- Place the finished figurines on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Bake according to the plastic manufacturer's instructions. Attention! The temperature should not exceed 110 degrees Celsius.
- Let the toys cool completely in the oven and then cover with two coats of clear water-based varnish.
Transparent epoxy volumetric toys
Balls and other volumetric epoxy resin figures look very cool. Thanks to various molds, dyes and fillers, their variety is limited only by your imagination. We will tell you how to make the symbol of the coming year glow in the dark.
You will need:
- epoxy resin;
- herringbone mold;
- colored glowing pigments;
- hanging loop;
- drill 1.5 mm, toothpick.
- Prepare the epoxy according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Pour into the mold.
- Add powder. Use a toothpick to spread it and the resin evenly all over the mold.
- Wait until it solidifies completely.
- Use a thin drill to drill a hole and use a small amount of resin to secure a loop in it. Let it freeze.
Christmas balls from ... washing machine
Wool balls using the wet felting technique do not break, do not break, and are ideal if there are small children in the family and ordinary Christmas tree decorations are not safe. They were invented by the craftswoman Tatiana Maksimenko.
You will need:
- multi-colored yarn for felting;
- bases for balls;
- nylon stocking;
- washing machine and powder;
- decorative elements.
- Wrap the base for the ball in different directions with wool for felting.
- Place the blank in a stocking, tie on both sides so that the ball does not dangle.
- Wash in hot water with powder. The wool is matted and forms a dense but soft coating on the base. Dry.
- Decorate the balloon with the decor you like. For example, you can glue colorful sequins or embroider floss snowflakes.
Woolen balls are practically weightless, so they can be hung not only on a Christmas tree, but also on a festive wreath or garland.
As you can see, creating a festive atmosphere and a magical atmosphere is not at all difficult with your own hands. This activity will help you have fun with your family and get to know each other better.
We wish you creative success!
Today in our article the heading "Crazy hands with the Winter Tale online store": we will tell you about how to make various interesting gizmos from coniferous branches, LED garlands, cans and much more. Each owner of his home seeks to decorate it and bring comfort and charm to it. Create a unique interior with your own hands - it's very easy and simple! You just need materials, and we will show you how you can use them and what decorative elements you can get!
Elements of New Year's decor and DIY crafts
Making crafts is a fun activity that anyone will enjoy. Find some free time and a desire to create. We will tell you about the most popular handicraft items. How to make them and what materials you need.
Decorating a house for the New Year and Christmas has already become a pleasant tradition for every person. One of the most popular decorations is the New Year's wreath. He hangs on the door, meeting and delighting the eyes of the guests. This accessory is very easy to make at home. You will need: glue gun , base (cardboard, wire ), needles, decorations and a little imagination. The wreath is decorated with spruce, willow or birch branches, artificial berries , cones , mini balloons and all that is at hand!
- A voluminous base is required. Cut a circle out of cardboard, wrap it with thick paper (newspaper), pull it off with threads. Or take a wire, roll a few rings out of it and connect them.
- Using a glue gun or thread, attach one branch one to another in one or two rows so that there are no gaps. You can use both natural and artificial needles.
- Then, when the wreath is ready, it remains only to add accessories to your taste and color.
If you do not have the opportunity to create the basis yourself, then you can purchase coniferous wreath without decorations and add it to your liking. Perhaps you do not have time at all, then look in our catalog for a ready-made version decorated wreath or model of cones and berries .
What a holiday without gifts? Everyone is pleased to receive presents in attractive packaging. Make an incredibly beautiful Christmas basket, fill with sweets and present to your loved ones. You will need: glue, basket, coniferous branches , packing tape ... The principle of decorating a basket is the same as that of a wreath. Decorate the edge and handle with spruce branches as you like, add various cute objects. Fold yummy souvenirs in a basket, wrap them in transparent film and tie a ribbon bow.
New Year's table setting
When decorating a home interior for the New Year, more attention should be paid to decorating the festive table. Your relatives will gather, and you will certainly please them with something tasty. Christmas table setting will bring a unique atmosphere of magic, comfort and happiness. When decorating, it is worth adhering to a certain color scheme. The main New Year's shades are red, gold, green, white. It will look really elegant and solemn coniferous garland or its twigs, if you put them in a vase or assemble a composition from them. Candles are another symbol of Christmas. For table decoration, most often choose candle columns or canteens ... Place them in wondrous candlesticks or decorate it yourself with spruce twigs, cones, or just wrap with a ribbon and tie a pretty bow. Are you worried about open fire at home? Then absolutely safe will suit you. battery powered led candles - their light is almost indistinguishable from a real flame! And you don't have to worry about forgetting to pay them off. Particular attention is attracted by those that with a flickering flame - the tongue trembles and trembles exactly like a natural light. Guest napkins are another exquisite touch. Place them on each plate, gently curling or pinching special rings , add sprigs of needles and bright artificial berries. The main thing is to observe the color palette and traditions of Christmas, and you will succeed!
On the eve of the holidays, we are all waiting for unprecedented miracles. So create a pinch of magic for yourself and those around you! Snowball is truly a small miracle in a glass jar filled with liquid. Shake it and thousands of shiny snowflakes will dance in a snowy dance. It is very easy to make a craft from a regular glass jar with a screw cap. Surely in your house, somewhere on the farthest shelf, old cans from under conservation are gathering dust. Give them a new life - create a wonderful handmade accessory. Need glycerin, clear water, hot glue gun sparkles different shades and a figure that will show off inside the composition. For example, our catalog contains a whole series small figurines on the winter theme.
- Remove the lid, glue the selected figure on the inside of it. You can recreate the whole composition by adding small houses, shrubs or Christmas trees.
- Pour filtered water into a clean jar and add glycerin (sold in any pharmacy).
- Add some sparkles, add different colors for brightness or use artificial snow.
- Close the jar with a lid with a figure glued to it from the inside. For reliability, coat the threads with glue.
- Voila! The magic ball is ready! Just shake it and see how the snowflakes whirl magically, slowly going down.
Hanging vases and candlesticks
There are never too many candlesticks - every romantic-minded person knows this, as well as everyone who loves evening gatherings with friends by candlelight. More recently, a novelty appeared that quickly became fashionable among designers - this is hanging glass candlesticks ... Meet round shape or in the form droplets ... If you put in them tea light or flowers , both options will look very impressive. They are tied to ribbons, hanging at different levels above a table or on a window. They are used in installations above places of honor of newlyweds or hung on wedding arches.
Candlesticks from jars
If you have old cans lying around - turn them into useful decor items for the kitchen and not only! Find cans made from coffee, paint, jam, or baby food. On it, you can cut a window in the form of a heart, through which a flickering flame will be seen, or make holes, turning them into patterns. Punctures are made with a nail and a hammer along the contour of the pattern, which is applied in advance. Do you like gentle and sensual style? Then paint the container in a warm soft color and complement with delicate white lace. You can also benefit from glass tanks. They can be painted with contour paints in spot or stained glass technique. Glitter will help to bring sparkling magic, which are applied in a dense layer over the entire surface of the container.
Making a lamp from a bottle will be an original solution. A bottle with glowing lights inside is a mesmerizing sight. You will need an electric garland, a drill and glass drill, electrical tape or thick tape. Don't have a drill at your disposal? Then we offer a great solution to this problem - bottomless bottles ... If you want to make everything, everything yourself, then here are the instructions:
- Choose a place for the hole and wrap the tape around the bottle. We advise you to make a hole in the lower part near the bottom.
- To comply with safety measures, we recommend that you wear protective goggles and gloves.
- Carefully start drilling the hole, every few seconds you need to stop and, if possible, moisten the drilling site with water, because the glass may become very hot and burst.
- Choosing an electric garland. For small containers, a chain of 30-50 bulbs is suitable, and for installations from several cans, you can take 100-200 LEDs.
- Then carefully push it through the hole, leaving only the edge with the battery pack or plug for the outlet outside.
- The shimmering bottle is ready!
For the manufacture of the lamp, we advise you to take battery-powered electric garlands ... The ideal option would be garland on a wire ... Small bulbs are located on a thin, almost imperceptible wire wire, and it seems that glowing moths seem to be floating in the air in the jar. Such electric garlands are also found in the form asterisks .
Lastly, we decided to show how fashionable it is to pack New Year's gifts. The trend of the season has become craft paper - cheap and stylish! You need to carefully wrap the souvenir in wrapping paper and attach cones, needles and plastic berries. It will be appropriate to bandage the box ribbon for decoration tying an elegant bow out of it.
So, now it became clear how easy and simple it is to transform your interior for the holidays. You can make many amazing things with your own hands. They will delight others with their unique beauty, and you will be overwhelmed with pride in your creation. We wish you more magic in your life, because ordinary people can also work miracles, the main thing is to believe in it!
We will be happy to answer your questions when choosing a product! With love, your assistants from the Winter Fairy Tale online store.
We also advise you to read:
Coniferous garlands and swag in New Year's decor
Decorating fabrics and ribbons: tips for use
Battery powered candles in home decor - beauty and safety
It will be possible to create a great festive mood if you know exactly how to decorate a house for the New Year. To do this, it is important to be inspired by interesting ideas, study a practical master class, pick up photos and draw up your own creative project based on them, allowing you to make all the New Year's decor yourself. Our article will help you avoid unnecessary mistakes in your work, save time and money, because you can make a decoration for the New Year with your own hands using available tools, ingenuity and patience.
Christmas tree decorations
Undoubtedly, the main symbol of the New Year's surroundings is the tree. However, modern ideas for decorating a house for the New Year dictate their own terms.
Today, a green beauty can be present at the holiday not only in the form of a tree we are used to, installed in a designated place and hung with traditional balls with tinsel.
The New Year is approaching - this is the very time when you want to fill every corner of the house with a festive mood.
If you wish, you can make original Christmas decorations for the tree with your own hands from ordinary forest cones.
Aerosol spray paints will help to give them the desired juicy shade. After complete drying, the unusual eco-style decor is attached to the branches of a green beauty. This technique allows you to choose an interesting color palette, focusing on the overall interior.
Original Christmas toys made of cones in the form of cute forest animals
Making fun decorations out of cones for the New Year is one of the most favorite childhood activities.
A step-by-step guide to making a buttonhole
By attaching the cones to the rope, you will get an elegant garland that can be used to decorate the house both inside and outside.
To make the forest cone sparkle with bright colors, use multi-colored felt balls as a decor
- You can make Christmas tree decorations not only from natural materials. Some craftsmen paint obsolete electric bulbs for this purpose. Having no experience in painting, they are made monochromatic or smooth rainbow lines, dot patterns are applied.
Interesting designs on light bulbs are created using a variety of stencils. People who own a brush are given limitless scope for imagination.
A cheerful snowman made from an ordinary light bulb will create a fairytale atmosphere on your favorite holiday
Craftsmen can make an openwork, almost weightless toy for the new year from ordinary knitting threads.
Perform work in the following sequence
- The balloon is inflated to the desired size.
- Then cover it with a dense layer of PVA glue.
- Until the glue has set, the workpiece is wrapped with threads, creating interesting weaves.
- The finished product is left to dry completely, after which the ball is pierced with a needle.
An interesting option for decorating a New Year tree
A garland of colorful balloons looks beautiful, stylish and romantic
To make Christmas toys not look monotonous, use threads of different colors to make them.
A miniature spruce looks original on a mantelpiece or coffee table. It is showered with artificial snow, toys are placed nearby, most often balls or bells.
The set table is instantly transformed if you cut triangles from colored cardboard together with the children. These symbolic Christmas trees are fixed with tape to toothpicks and stuck into sweets and fruits.
You can decorate any of the living quarters with multi-colored paper fir silhouettes for the New Year by hanging them on threads.
Option how you can decorate the wall with a paper garland
When making New Year's decor, it is important to maintain the overall style of the interior
Gifts of nature
The decor of branches looks very unusual in the design of the New Year's interior. Thorny branches are dipped in a saturated saline solution, waiting for them to be covered with sparkling frost.
Advice! You can also give the branches a New Year's mood by painting them white, which is easy to do at home. In finished form, they are decorated, put in a vase or create wall compositions.
New Year's decor from branches is one of the most popular options for decorating rooms for the New Year.
To create a decoration, you can use any means at hand, the main thing is that the product is made with great soul and love.
Original hanging composition of Christmas balls and dry tree branches
You can find your place for such a decoration in any room.
If during a walk in the park it was possible to collect spruce cones, then a small fluffy Christmas tree is made from them with the help of glue to decorate the coffee table. In conclusion, the craft is painted in a golden tone. Install it in a small flower pot.
To diversify and decorate a miniature Christmas tree, you can use small soft balls for needlework
A Christmas tree made of cones will help create a warm and festive atmosphere of Christmas and New Year
How to make a Christmas tree with your own hands
To make a miniature New Year's beauty with children, they use the following algorithm:
- A cone is rolled out of cardboard by gluing the side joints. The bottom is trimmed, making sure that the base is stable on a horizontal plane. Wrap with strips of food foil.
- White woolen thread is impregnated with PVA glue and wrapped around the workpiece, forming an arbitrary pattern.
- The procedure is repeated with colored threads, choosing the right amount, depending on the intended ornament.
- The finished Christmas tree is installed on a cardboard circle, pasted over with beautiful snow-white lace or decorated with artificial snow.
Rhinestones, beads, beautiful buttons, miniature toys act as adornments. They are glued in random order or create an ornament.
The process of making a decorative Christmas tree from paper and threads
Window decoration for the New Year
Traditionally, windows in private houses are painted or decorated with various figures, most often with snowflakes. It remains to figure out how to decorate the windows for the New Year so that they organically fit into the winter theme.
Without a doubt, such a design will help to bring a touch of the holiday not only for household members, but also passers-by in city apartments. Decorate them with garlands, luminous figures.
Snowflakes on the windows are the first harbinger of the New Year's holiday
Using stencils and a special gel, you can make unusual volumetric snowflakes on the windows
Great gift set of snowflakes in a beautiful box
Window decoration options
- You can hang a painted or glitter paper frame on a fishing line. A braid is pulled inside it, to which colorful balls are attached.
- Habitual snowflakes are made not only on paper. This New Year's attribute looks charming if you crochet it from snow-white cotton threads and starch it well.
- Having previously thought over the general plot and having prepared stencils, if necessary, the glasses are painted with the help of gouache paints. After the holiday, the drawings will be easy to wash off, returning the windows to their former cleanliness and transparency.
Christmas garlands - a classic option for decorating a window opening
New Year's Eve creativity has a special, magical flavor
An amazing transformation of the window, which will leave unforgettable memories of the past holiday
A beautiful and cheerful Christmas composition with the image of funny snowmen on the window
An illustration of a deer is an essential attribute of the New Year, so why not place it on the window
How to decorate the front door
The western tradition of decorating the front door with a decorative wreath is included in the festive surroundings of modern houses and apartments. It is based on coniferous branches. Cones, braid, beads, New Year's toys, bells serve as decoration.
Decorating the front door with a wreath of cones is a simple and interesting option for New Year's decoration
A New Year's wreath of spruce legs tied together in bunches will help add a touch of freshness and natural warmth.
Decorating the door for the New Year is not difficult if you make a beautiful wreath of satin ribbons and attach the silhouette of a snowman to it on double-sided tape. The rest of the details - nose, eyes, mouth, scarf are cut out of felt or self-adhesive decorative paper. Children will be happy to take care of this design.
A snowman welcoming guests is an unusual idea that will be appreciated by all your guests
To create an atmosphere of home comfort and family unity, a horseshoe is cut out of cardboard, which is attached above the jamb. The surface, if desired, is decorated with beads, beads, sequins, rain.
Advice! Snowflakes attached to the door, New Year's pictures, tinsel and even old skates neatly hung on a nail will bring a festive mood.
It is very easy to find a new use for old things, the main thing is to be smart
Elegant porch beautifully decorated for the New Year
Lush bows and ribbon are very often used as decorative elements for the front door.
The sparkling lights of the garlands instantly create a festive mood. They are placed on a Christmas tree, shelves, windows, illuminated pictures, used as artificial fire in a decorative fireplace.Advice!
The enchanting effect of a smoldering fire can be obtained by placing coniferous legs, cones andled strip
The scent of the Christmas tree and the sparkling lights of the garland create a special fairytale atmosphere of magic
Elegant Christmas garland of beautiful LED stars falling down
Bright paper lanterns will look incredibly beautiful if they are additionally LED garland
Stylish handmade decoration that can improve the New Year's interior of the house
There are a lot of options for New Year's decor, one of them is decorating the house with colorful balls
- Paper garland ... Garlands made independently from scrap materials look no less colorful. Children love to glue pieces of colored paper in the shape of stars, hearts, snowflakes, rings in long chains. They are hung from the ceiling, on the walls, columns, mirrors, cabinets are decorated.
Workshop on making a garland from paper cups
An impromptu winter forest of snow-covered fir trees, complemented by a spectacular paper garland
Making a Christmas garland with your own hands is a relatively simple process, which even a small child can handle
A garland of paper stars is a great option for decorating a living room for the New Year.
The romance of Christmas candles
The atmosphere of a fairy tale on New Year's Eve will be presented by lighted candles. To make the decoration make a vivid impression, use simple tips to help you decorate your room beautifully for the holiday.
Table decoration options
- It will be possible to get a spectacular composition for decorating a festive table if you securely fasten a beautiful candle in the center of a shallow vase, around which colorful balls, bright tangerines and oranges are laid out.
- Armed with a crochet hook, craftswomen can create an openwork candlestick that creates the charm of airiness and tenderness. To give the required shape, the product must be starch.
- You can wrap a glass jar with paper tape, on which a plot suitable for the holiday theme is cut, or with a piece of beautiful lace. A candle is placed inside the jar. Its wick should be at the neck level. When the candle is lit, the mysterious flickering of the flame through the openwork weaves creates strange mysterious reflections around.
- Floating candles surrounded by leaves, flowers, and other attributes look charming on the table. The container into which water is poured is used transparent. Its size is related to the area of the table. The water can be slightly tinted with food coloring.
Important! When placing candles, be sure to take into account their remoteness from rapidly flammable objects in the house.
With floating candles on the table, the New Year celebration will be remembered for a long time
Decorating the table with candles in the original New Year's decoration is not so difficult, the main thing here is to correctly show the creative side of your nature
Scented candles decorated with Christmas decorations will be a good addition to the New Year's table
To decorate rooms for the new year, it is fashionable today to use ordinary photographs printed with a color printer on plain white paper. In order to give the required density, glue to cardboard.
If there are framed photos in the house, they can be hung on a bright braid or serpentine, having previously stretched a strong twine under the ceiling. The space between them is filled with balls, colorful drawings, snowflakes, stars, hearts, garlands.
New Year is a family holiday, so you should approach its organization with special love and tenderness.
Memorable photos in tandem with an LED garland look very easy and magical
The unusual use of a wooden pallet as a base for attaching family photos
You will be able to surprise your friends and household members by preparing for them original decorations for the New Year with your own hands, ideas for which can be found on the Internet. One of such examples of hand-made creativity is photography in a ball.
Algorithm for performing crafts:
- They select transparent enough voluminous New Year's toys in the form of a ball, a house or other convenient shape.
- Remove the fasteners carefully. A little beads and large salt crystals are poured into the hole through the hole.
- With the help of tweezers, pieces of tinsel, small spruce branches and other small decorative objects are laid.
- The desired fragment is cut out of the photograph, choosing a size smaller than the diameter of the ball. Roll it up with a tube and place it through the hole inside the ball.
- Straighten with tweezers, fix the fasteners.
- It remains to place a memorable souvenir on the tree or a composition in the center of the table.
A sweet and soulful decoration with captured bright life moments, will give you a lot of positive emotions
Christmas toys with photos are an interesting idea that will appeal to both adults and children
Such a work of art is perfect for decorating not only a Christmas tree, but the whole house.
DIY Christmas decor (photo)
We offer you to get acquainted with how to decorate houses for the New Year with your own hands, using ready-made festive decor ideas for this. Among the abundance of offers, you can also pick up options that are available for making at home and do not require special skills.
The creative process can become truly exciting if households of all ages are connected to it.
New Year is a long-awaited holiday that all children are looking forward to.
- Spoons ... Aluminum spoons are painted with acrylic paints. Bending the handle, hang them on the branches. If wooden spoons were painted, then they become an addition to the tabletop composition. Increasingly, disposable plastic counterparts are used for decoration.
To paint a spoon in this way, you will need to master at least minimal art painting skills.
An interesting design option for a miniature Christmas tree
Using plastic spoons in New Year's decor
- Toys ... For gifts, soft toys are sewn, symbolizing the upcoming holiday. At this stage, a piglet pattern is selected and made from yellow fabric. This will allow you to adequately meet the owner or hostess of the upcoming New Year.
It is always pleasant to give and receive gifts made by yourself
Fancy snowmen made from pieces of cloth and burlap
- Tinsel fabric ... If necessary, make their own tinsel, if there is a translucent light fabric at home - gas, veil, organza. Strips 40 cm wide are cut, twisted a little or tied with threads at regular intervals. Lay in a spiral on a Christmas tree.
Luxurious New Year's beauty, decorated with stylish lighting with beautiful fabric ribbons
- Forest gifts ... Exclusive elements for the tabletop composition are made of bark, pieces of which are cut into geometric shapes, hearts, stars and painted in gold or silver. Beautiful unusual decorations are also obtained from painted cones suspended from a Christmas tree.
The winter season reigns with a huge abundance of natural materials for creating New Year's decorations.
- The main symbol of the celebration ... A transparent jar can become the center of the New Year's ensemble, if you place some beautiful figurine in it. It is advisable to take the symbol of the next year. Several spruce legs are also placed inside.
Advice! The role of snow can be played by lumps of cotton wool. If the container is roomy, you can add small Christmas balls, beads and other colorful attributes.
Beautiful jars with fabulous characters of the New Year holiday inside
The role of snow on a can instead of cotton wool, balls of crushed foam will do well
As a final decoration for decorating cans, you can use a sprig of scarlet rowan with imitation of frost on berries
- Tablecloth ... An amazingly delicate tablecloth is made of snow-white paper snowflakes, fastened into a single canvas with pieces of scotch tape.
A paper tablecloth is the perfect solution for practical people
- Spruce garland ... In a room where it is not planned to put a Christmas tree, its silhouette is laid out on the wall from an LED garland. Such a simple solution allows you to create the necessary mood.
The indisputable advantage of such a tree is that there will be no need to remove the needles behind it after the holiday.
Stylish, modern, fashionable tree cut from plywood
- Branches in a vase ... In a spacious room, you can equip a forest kingdom. For this, the lush branches remaining in the parks after pruning are stored in advance. They are covered with white paint and placed in transparent containers filled with sand. Stylized trees are obtained.
Advice! To prevent the decoration from looking too boring, LED garlands are placed on the crowns, laying out the intended shape. After turning them on, a fabulous atmosphere is created in the evening twilight.
Branches painted with gouache in white look original and elegant
Soft warmth on winter days will delight the pleasant glow of the garland
- Air compositions from threads ... Talented craftsmen make almost weightless graceful ornaments from bright woolen threads. They are hung on a Christmas tree or in another place of your choice.
The product is carried out in the following sequence:
- On a plastic plate, outline the contour of the future product;
- PVA glue is poured into a faience bowl and the thread is immersed in it so that it is completely saturated;
- First, lay the thread on a plate along the perimeter of the intended figure, then fill the central part with openwork weaves;
- When the figurine dries, it easily comes off the base. It remains to tie the braid and place it in the designated place.
The process of making a woolen thread decoration
Ideas for creativity
The following photos will clearly demonstrate to you that it is not difficult to pick up fresh ideas for beautiful New Year's interiors for yourself if you have the Internet and at least a little free time. All you need is to choose the right option for yourself and bring it to life in your own home.
Skillful hands can easily create a warm and cozy atmosphere where goodness and fun reign.
A creative solution for the design of the fireplace
A Christmas tree installed near the dining table is a great way to spend time with your family at dinner, in a special festive atmosphere
Christmas socks on the fireplace, in which presents are sure to appear after midnight
Interesting use of a branch as a decorative element
The staircase is the visual center of a country house, so it is important that in the New Year it looks especially attractive
A magical abundance of balls
Multicolored shiny balls are used not only for decorating a Christmas tree. With a creative approach, they create a New Year's atmosphere in different rooms.
- Tying thin twisted cords with a shiny texture, they hang unbreakable balls from the ceiling, doorways, and windows.
- A transparent vase will help you quickly decorate the table. Balls are placed in it, forming a beautiful composition. To supplement, take any suitable materials - braid, tinsel, rain, cones, small twigs, citrus slices, sweets.
- After collecting the balls on a strong fishing line, they get a wall decoration. You can make a wreath and attach it over the door.
Original Christmas wreath of Christmas balls
An unusual approach to decorating columns in a private house
Interesting ways to decorate walls and windows using colorful balls
When creating a New Year's decor for your home, it is important to remember that when finished, it should ideally fit into the overall style of the interior.
There are many options for solving the problem of decorating a house for the New Year holidays. Most of which do not require the acquisition of expensive attributes, as they are easily made independently from available materials. Creative activity contributes to family cohesion, as households of any age take part.